SARCA Galvanized Anchor No 0.5
SARCA - Sand And Rock Combination Anchor
Size 0.5 is suitable for Boats up to 3.8m
This revolutionary anchor has been designed to withstand a variety of bottom types including mud, sand, gravel and rock, offering superb holding power in all conditions.
SARCA was developed over a six year period with the aid of high tech computers and feedback from commercial fishermen and boaters. It’s unique design and high quality performance has made SARCA one of the most popular anchors available in New Zealand and Australia, enthusiastically adopted by Coastguard, Police and Fisheries Patrol vessels, as well as charter operators and other commercial boaters.
SARCA anchors have passed survey in all Australian states and received New Zealand Marine Certification and contain no lead in their design – a plus for the marine environment!
Easy to use on all bottom types:
Mud or sand
1. Come directly above the SARCA and apply light and steady pressure.
2. The SARCA’s special slots allow a break in suction which, couple with a long shank, means the SARCA is easy to free.
Rock or Reef
1. Simply motor directly above and pull all the slack rope. Then release approximately ½ metre of rope and tie off.
2. Motor your boat forward over the anchor. This lifts the rear resulting in a high recovering rate.
3. The moment the anchor releases, the stainless steel D-shackle slides to the front of the anchors’ shank and resets
* SARCA Galvanized Anchor No 0.5 Spec's:
* Make: SARCA Anchor
* Model: #0.5
* Suit Boats: Upto 3.8m
* Anchor Weight: 2.5kg
* Dimensions: Width 270mm - Height 200mm - Length 420mm
* Stainless Shackle Size: 6mm (not included)
* Minimum length of chain required: 3m of 8mm
SARCA Galvanized Anchor No 0.5 Features:
# Hoop on the rear of the anchor ensures that the SARCA rolls over in most situations, allowing the toe to be in its best possible position to penetrate the ocean floor and reducing dragging as the fluke digs in
# No more chain tangled around and between the flukes preventing the anchor from taking hold. SARCA’s unique tangle-resistant design improves anchor efficiency and safety
# Unique design also creates a pumping action which sinks the anchor deeper. Teamed with the SARCA’s 360° pivoting action, this makes the SARCA resistant to wind and tide changes
# Incorporates an automatic reset trip re-release that offers you the highest rate of recovery from rocks. When anchoring in and around bommies, reef or coral the SARCA has less chance of getting stuck and will create less damage to the environment
# Light in weight, easy to handle and contains no lead in the design to contaminate the marine environment
# Certified as high holding power anchors by the Victorian Marine Board and MSA witnessed by Lloyds of London to comply with the USL code; a testament to their efficiency
# Available in top-quality hot-dip galvanized mild steel.
SARCA Galvanized Anchor No 0.5, sarca, S.A.R.C.A., anchor, sand and rock anchor,