FISHING ARTICLES AND TIPS
YOU HAVE (0) ITEMS
covid19..NOTE: WE ARE SHIPPING IN NEW ZEALAND -
HOWEVER WE ARE "NOT" SHIPPING INTERNATIONAL ORDERS!!
SAME DAY, $8 FLAT RATE SHIPPING*
FULL NZ WARRANTY ON ALL PRODUCTS
-FRESH WATER SECTION
Fly Lines, Backing, Tippets
Fly Tying Tools etc
... more in -FRESH WATER SECTION
KAYAK FISHING SECTION
SALTWATER FISHING SECTION
Bait And Berley
Berley Dispensers And Mincers
Broadbill Fishing Section
Combo's Boat & Game
... more in SALTWATER FISHING SECTION
Binoculars and Night Vision
Books And DVDs
Clocks & Barometers
Drones and Cameras
Hats & Caps
Knives & Sharpeners
Memory Map Topo
Memory Map Marine
Memory Map accessories
Rod Building Section
Ropes & twine
Smokers & Accessories
Smoker Recipe Books
Sawdust, Chip And Bisquettes
Smoking Cures And Brines
Torches and Head Lamps
Whitebait Nets Section
Spare Whitebait Nets
WhiteBait Set Nets
WhiteBait Scoop Nets
WhiteBait Screens / Goby's
WhiteBait Drag Nets
... more in Whitebait Nets Section
Anchors and Sea Anchors
Boat Trailer Parts
Drain Plugs and Bungs etc
GPS & Plotters
Fuel Fittings - Marine
Fuel Lines & Primer Bulbs
General Boat Bits
Hatches / Ports etc
Launch & Retrieve
Oars and Fittings
Salt Away Treatments
Ski Poles & Accessories
Steering / Throttle / Gear Change
Dive Weights / Molds / Belts
Spearguns And Slings
Mask And Snorkel Sets
Camping & Outdoor
Freeze Dri Foods
Hammocks & Tents
Showers & Toilets
Wet Weather Gear
Chilly Bin Cushions and Accessories
Chilly Bins & Fridges - Powered
Cooly Bags (Fish Bags)
Search by Brand
BACK COUNTRY CUISINE
BALLOON FISHER KING
BLACK MAGIC TACKLE
... more in Brand
Bluefin Tuna Off Gisborne - CaptainCol
Squid Fishing Tips and Techniques - By Chris Ferkin
Bluenose Fishing Tips - CaptainCol
Broadbill Fishing - CaptainCol
SALTWATER FISHING SECTION
Nets - Gillnet - Cast and Eel Nets
> Cast Net 8 foot 1" Mesh (Total Diameter 16ft)
Cast Net 8 foot 1" Mesh (Total Diameter 16ft)
GST Incl - NZ purchases only
American Style Cast Net 8 foot 1" Mesh
Drawing string cast net complete with leads
Cast nets are small round nets with lead weights which are thrown onto the water.
They are thrown in such a way that they spread out and sink. Fish are caught as the net is hauled back in.
American style cast nets feature a drawstring to close the bottom of the net after being thrown# they can be used by any fisherman wanting to catch smaller fish in abundance.
These nets are legal in NZ for Piper and other bait fish.
Cast Net 8 foot 1" Mesh Spec's:-
*Size: 8 foot to center - Total Diamet is 16'
*Mesh Size: 1" (25mm)
American Style 8ft Cast Net in White 1 inch 25mm mesh
Suitable for use for catching bait# legal for use within NZ waters
The Technique of Cast Net Throwing
Things you need to know before throwing a cast net:
1. If you are RIGHT-HANDED# you are going to throw the cast net in a CLOCKWISE direction# and vise versa.
2. Attach the loop at the end of the rope to your LEFT wrist if you are RIGHT-HANDED# and vise versa.
3. The reason for this is because you will be able to throw the net further# and the net will expand wider and smoother.
4.Remove any wristwatch or loose jewelry before throwing any cast net. THE QUICK LOAD TECHNIQUE: (applicable to Right-handers)
1. With the loop attached to your wrist# grab the net with your right hand just below the horn (this is the ring on the top of the net).
2. Now you want to come to the half point of the net# and grab the net with your left hand# then you can let go of your right hand.
3. At this point# you should have the net in your left hand and the loop in your left wrist. Now come to the right side of the net and grab the outer lead line with your right hand.
4. Now# gently hold the lead line by your teeth# there is no need to bite down on the rope# you just want to hold it in your mouth temporarily.
5. Now# grab the inside of the lead line with your right hand# and start fanning the net over your right arm until you have about half of the net over your right arm. (Be careful when you are fanning the net# your right hand should be INSIDE the net)
6. After you get half of the net over your right arm# you should be able to see a group of nets bunch up between your left hand and your right forearm.
7. Now# you want to use your right hand (still inside the net) to grab that group of bunched up nets and slowly move up toward the top of the net# so that your hands are shoulder width apart.
8. You are now ready to throw the cast net# all you need to do is look in the direction of the school of bait fish (or target) that you want to catch# stand with your feet pointed towards the target# with one smooth motion# turn your torso (in a clockwise direction) to about a 45 degree angle from your original position and cast away the net.
This is the basic technique of cast net throwing with some practice you will be able to catch as much bait as you want.
Cast Net 8 foot 1" Mesh, castnet, fishing net, fish net, bait net, flick net, American Style 8ft Cast Net, cast net, casting net, bait fish net,
You might also be interested in ...
Cast Net 6 foot 1" Mesh (Total Diameter 12ft)
GST Incl - NZ purchases only
Bait Catcher - Plastic
Jarvis Walker Collapsible Bait Trap
Bait Catcher - Opera House Net
Fishing Articles and Tips
Shipping & Returns
Reel Repairs & Parts
SSL - Secure Online Shopping
Meet the team
In the news
Link to us
+64 6 863 2902
439-441 Gladstone Road
On The Map
Combo's Boat and Game
Combo's Kids Fishing Sets
Combo's Light Spin
Combo's Spin and Straylining
Combo's Telescopic Spin
Lures and Accessories
Torches and Headlamps
Smokers and Accessories
General Fishing Accessories