Okuma Solterra SLX-10LX Left Handed Reel
These reels are ideal for general boat fishing and bottom fishing. This is the LEFT HAND wind model.
It has an excellent lever drag, oversized heavy duty gears and an adjustable magnetic cast control system.
This will handle all your inshore fishing and is robust enough to easily handle the occasional Puka and Kingies.
One of the few reels available that has both Lever Drag AND Level Wind. Suitable for braid use
The Solterra is Okuma's broadest line of lever drag reels, with applications from Alaska to Panama and Hawaii to Maine. Building on a base of stainless steel main gears, pinion gears and spool shaft, Solterra's extend outward with anodized aluminium spools and durable, corrosion resistant frames. Models begin at size 10 and continue through 50-wide, delivering an angler-driven selection of single-speed, two-speed, open top, trolling and levelwind models that anticipate every application.
Okuma Solterra SLX-10LX Left Handed Reel Features:
• Stainless steel main gears, pinion gears and shafts
• Single speed, High-speed and Two-speed models
• Durable corrosion-resistant frame & side plates
• Stainless steel reinforcing side plate rings
• Forged aluminium spool with line indicator rings
• Carbonite drag system with Cal’s universal drag grease
• 2 thrust bearings reduce handle turning force be over 50%.
• 5BB+2TB stainless steel shielded bearings 20-50W models
• 5BB+2TB+RB stainless steel shielded bearings 10/15 models
• Double dog, silent anti-reverse on all models
• Dual anti-reverse system on all 10/15 sizes
• Ratcheting drag lever for precise drag setting
• Stainless Steel Body Armor reduces frame flex 20-50W models
• T-Bar handle design on 50W-size
• Ergo Grip comfort handle on all 10 through 30 sizes
• Low profile On/Off clicker with stainless steel wishbone
• Wide-mouth levelwind: Stainless steel with Ti coating “L” models
• High Speed 6.2:1 gear ratios on SLX-10CS and SLX-15CS
• Open top frame design on SLX-10CS and SLX-15CS
• SLX lever drag reels are backed by a 1-year warranty
Okuma Solterra SLX-10LX Left Handed Reel Spec's:
Model: Solterra SLX 10LX
Lever Drag PLUS Level Wind
Gear Ratio: 4.2:1
Line Retrieve Per Crank: 29"
Max Drag at Strike: 15lb
Max Drag at Full: 22lb
Line Capacity: Yds/Lbs/mm - 460/15 (0.37), 380/20 (0.42), 280/25 (0.48)
Ergo Grip handle knob is an extremely comfortable oversized handle knob design for both speed and power. This soft touch knob has been ergonomically designed to fit in the palm of your hand and will be found on certain Okuma lever drag reels, star drag reels and some spinning reel models.
These highly efficient carbon fiber drag washers decrease friction as drag pressure and spool velocity increases. The heat dissipating properties found on these US made drag washers produce one of the smoothest, most precise and longest lasting drag systems available in the fishing tackle industry.
The XL gearing design found on both lever drag and star drag reels incorporates an oversized gear box that features an enlarged gearing system and enlarged drag system. The drag surface areas on this system are more than 50% larger than a standard gear box design. For the gear system, the major advantage is that the gear teeth are substantially larger, allowing more strength and cranking power. This is how we are able to offer a high speed gear ratio reel without sacrificing cranking power. Our XL gearing system essentially turns your reel into a winch.
Machined Rigid Frame
Okuma's Machined Rigid Frame construction incorporates a one-piece fully machined aluminium frame. These rigid bar-stock aluminium frames are the ultimate in precision alignment and tolerances withstanding more pressure and torque than any other material used in our industry for frame materials. Okuma features these anodized frames on fly reels, baitcast reels, lever drag reels and star drag trolling reels.
High Performance Ball Bearings: The properties of the HPB are almost identical to that of the E2BB with the exception of the balls. The balls used on the HPBs are constructed from the same high-grade stainless steel material as the bearing housing. These bearings were designed to be more than 10 times more resistant to saltwater than standard stainless steel bearings. These bearings may even outlast the angler himself.
SOLTERRA ALL STAINLESS STEEL GEARS WELL SUITED TO NEW ZEALAND'S SALTWATER ENVIRONMENT
Okuma Solterra SLX-10LX Left Handed Reel, okuma, solterra, slr-15lx, slr10lx, lefthand reel, left handed reel, trolling reel, fishing reel,